It has been more than a decade since Safari was available for Windows users. While initially, it had only made possible with the few features but now it is up for grabs with the full stack of features and functionalities.
Getting Safari on windows is as simple as downloading an app from your all-knowing Google. Just follow the download guide given below, and you are good to go. Since Apple has stopped offering the service, users wanting to get the browser working for their personal computer would need to fetch it from other mediums.
Safari is a prominent browser famous among the IOS and Mac users. Does this new player stand toe-to-toe with its fellow peers that have already established their market? Is Safari comparable to the rest and how does it fare against the big giants like Mozilla and chrome?
Safari for Windows Users – Prominent Features
Let us dwell on the matter and see what Safari for windows indeed has to offer.
- Search Snapback- Ease of browsing now made even more user-oriented with this petite browser. In pursuit of answers, users tend to dive deep into the world of link back, redirecting pages, free ebooks and what not. All this can easily deviate user from what they initially began their browsing for, well search Snapback- a handy tool will throw you back to your initial browsing stage with a flick of a button. Set a custom Snapback location or let the browser do it for you from this point onward all you need to do is click the orange arrow key or use the shortcut key bindings, much simpler than the other big players.
- Nested problem- On the browsing issue, well snapback can only so much. What about locating what you were doing on a peculiar site. Since you clicked on a bunch of links, the original root is just missing. What to do now? Well, you take the pain of manually roaming around the older links through the search history, or if you have Safari, you can solve the nested links problem. Well, Safari takes care of that with its URL page navigation. It keeps an active track of the root pages and subpages you ventured into while remembering the original route. Simply hover over the URL and easily navigates back and through.
- Page inspection- Not a significant addition but still substantial, web HTML and CSS inspection is omnipresent in all major browsers and safari is no different. Anyone can enable this functionality by activating it through preference > Advanced > Show Develop menu in menu bar. HTML and CSS elements of all the pages can now be viewed tweaked as per your needs.
- Inline dictionary- An advantageous feature that can prove to be beneficial for writers, bloggers and other content industries it the inline dictionary and the recent activity window. Users can instantaneously locate the true meaning of words and proverbs they come across by merely highlighting the entire section. The new drop out or down the section of a dictionary will pop which can then be used.
- Activity Section- Another cool feature of safari is in activity window with few strokes of shortcut keys or heading over to Window > Activity. Users can access and keep a keen eye on whatever that is taking place behind the scenes can be addressed.
- Quick Notes- Draft a quickie of any information that requires being written, but why do it the old school way? Use the quick notes of safari that works much like the sticky notes that you would find in windows, write it down, highlight it all and drag it out.
- Text to speech- Learn to read but hey, reading a new word dwells a new curiosity in our heads, how is that word pronounced and how it is to be used. Well, the usage part would require some practical experiments, but the pronunciation aspect safari will take care of for you. Select the text head down to services then speech and start-speaking text, Safari will get to work and recite what was highlighted.
Must Read: Download Garageband for Windows PC
How to download and Run Safari in Windows?
Don’t you think it sounds like an absurd question? Since Apple no longer has it on their own website. But still, there are some simple workarounds which we’ll be going to show you by which you can get Safari in Windows.
The requisite steps to getting it installed on windows are quite simplistic.
- As we all know that Safari for Windows isn’t available on the Official site of Apple.
- The only option we got left for downloading Safari for Windows is doing via third-party websites.
- All you need to do is click here, and you’ll be re-directed to the download page.
- Hit the download button saying “Download Latest Version,” and you are done! This should instantaneously kickstart a download within your current browser.
- Just wait for a while until you get the file downloaded.
- Next, locate the file and install it on your device. All you have to do is run the setup and voila! Safari 5 is
ready for action.
- Congrats! You got Safari browser on your Windows PC.
These simple steps are all that you would need to follow through on getting it installed on your windows OS.
Significant changes that were made in Safari 5
We have listed out some of the significant changes that were made in Safari 5:
- CSS Inspector- Added panel, which makes it easy to hop to the source file location
- DOM inspector- Allows users to add, remove or edit nodes as per their wish, which essentially qualifies to make changes in the whole tag as if it’s a source file.
- Resource Panel- Now contains HTTP Status Code tagged with full header information and HTTP redirects as they happen.
- Timeline Panel- Keep a track on your browsing and its performance and compatibility with your website or application that is working in conjunction. This notes down the things that your browsing is working on while you are browsing seamlessly across the internet.
Safari Reader- You have read about Inline dictionary but have you heard about the Safari Reader. This feature is useful to even a developer while it does strike out as an anything a developer might use daily. The pops up and overdone advertising can be seriously hurt an article’s readability, well Safari Tackles that specific problem.
It recognizes web pages with articles in them; a user can take these articles out with the aid of a button present in the toolbar and read on without the cringe adverts. To put the icing on your cake, the said articles can be easily printed or attached to your email.
So, till now you got to each and everything that floats around downloading Safari for Windows. We have covered the step-by-step download guide along showcasing the amazing features it comprises of.
Should you deem it worthy to be shared with your people?